Complete your journey to excellence by achieving AGD’s highest honor — the Mastership Award. Becoming an AGD Master reflects your ongoing commitment to provide quality care to your patients through the pursuit of continuing education (CE).
To earn Mastership, you must complete the following requirements:
- Be an AGD Fellow
- Maintain current AGD membership for three continuous years by Dec. 31 of the year in which the application is received.
- Have a dental license that has not been suspended or revoked within the past five years and is not currently under probation, suspension or revocation
- Complete at least 1,100 hours of approved CE as an AGD member
- Of the 1,100 CE hours at least 400 hours of CE must be from participation courses in specific disciplines
- Of the 1,100 CE hours at least 600 hours must meet minimum hour requirements in specific disciplines
- Apply for the Mastership Award
- Upon approval to receive the award, attend the AGD Convocation Ceremony, held during the AGD Scientific Session, where you will receive the award; successful candidates are allowed three years following approval to complete this requirement
For more information, download the AGD Mastership Award Guidelines.
Apply for Mastership
To receive your AGD Mastership Award submit your application and the required fee* to AGD by Dec. 31**. Download the 2018 Mastership Award Application, or request the application via email at email@example.com. Then, apply!
Find an AGD MasterTrack Program
Team up with your colleagues in pursuit of Mastership. AGD MasterTrack® programs foster camaraderie and enable members to earn Mastership more quickly than they could on their own — usually within four or five years.
Each program’s organizer determines the order in which CE requirements are addressed. Most programs offer protocol courses, allowing participants to apply the new skills and techniques covered in class, and then discuss the outcomes with the instructor and colleagues. A protocol course has three primary components:
- A classroom session
- A homework assignment, to be completed independently by the participant
- A homework presentation, critique and evaluation session
Find out whether there’s an AGD MasterTrack Program in your area, or contact your AGD constituent about other programs or study clubs that may be available to you.*The fee to apply for the 2018 Mastership Award is $770.
**Applications must be postmarked no later than Dec. 31 to be considered for the class immediately following the application deadline. AGD’s Council on Dental Education will review your application by the end of March. You can expect to receive notification by mail of the council’s decision by mid-April.
"Earning my Mastership award has made me a more well-rounded, well-versed dentist, which benefits my patients and keeps me on the pathway to excellence, both in dentistry and in my personal life."