PACE-approved organizations demonstrate their commitment to develop and deliver high-quality, scientifically sound training that adheres to the AGD’s nationally recognized standards.
Apply for PACE approval so you can:
- Raise your game: Your continuing education (CE) policies and procedures will be validated through rigorous standards and reviewed by the AGD PACE Council.
- Be recognized: Dental licensing boards throughout the United States and Canada accept CE from PACE-approved organizations for re-licensure for nearly all dental professionals, not just dentists.
- Promote excellence: AGD members can earn the prestigious Fellowship and Mastership awards by earning CE credit from PACE-approved organizations.
- Spread the word: AGD’s CE Directory will promote your courses, allowing you to stand out from others through recognition on AGD’s website.
- Spend less, market more: You will be eligible to use AGD mailing lists and advertising resources for a fee.
Submit your application to receive PACE approval. Site visits or interviews are not required for the review process, so make sure your application includes all the documentation requested and is clearly labeled. Applications for national approval are audited by staff before being sent to a 12-member council of dental professionals for final review.
Not sure what level of approval you need? Answer the following questions:
- Does your program draw participants from more than one state or province?
- Do you offer webinars or courses in more than one state?
- Does your program offer protocol and/or self-instruction courses?
- Is your organization located outside of the U.S. or Canada?
If you answered “yes” to one or more questions, you should apply for national approval. Applications for national approval must be submitted with the designated application fee. If approved, this fee will include the first year’s approval; a maintenance fee will be due at 12-month intervals. The maximum term of approval will not exceed six years. At the end of an approval term all organizations must submit a new application if they choose to continue approval.
If you answered “no” to the questions above, you should apply for local approval. These applications and fees must be submitted to the local AGD PACE-approval representative in the state or province in which the provider intends to offer courses. The maximum term of locally approved organizations will not exceed four years. At the end of an approval term all organizations must submit a new application if they choose to continue approval.